Friday, March 16, 2007

Another Day another Dollar

So its been a few days since I last wrote. Over the weekend last weekend we went up to my dad's place to visit - On friday we slept in and then went to Reynolds museum in Wetaskwin - mostly farm equipment and cars, which was really neat. We stopped in Sherwood Park to eat at the Tim's where one of my friends works and continued up to dad's place. Rob had a basketball tournament in Westlock so we went down there for the day on saturday - they won the first game (which we didn't see) but 50 points, but lost the other two games for a 4th place finish. They played fairly well, but were somewhat out-classed by the other schools. In the last game they had a very strange Referee who called all kinds of fouls on everyone. Dad was his usual self - Remember what he was like with Ref's at soccer games Jo? Almost makes you want to slide down the bleachers and say, "Who is that guy?" Oh well - at least he didn't get kicked out!! During one of the breaks between games, we went with dad to look at trucks, since he's thinking about leasing - we went to Dodge, Chev and GM dealers, and looking at everything, I'd still take a Ford, even though the dodge is a pretty close second - the salesman at the Chev dealer didn't help anything with his attitude - his first sentence included "I don't know" and "I can't find out" in response to dad's questions - which the other dealers answered quite well. On Saturday night Diane got to dad's before we did, so she put the chicken that I had thawed out in the oven and we had a nice meal when we got home.
After church on Sunday, dad invited a young couple over for lunch (since we had a turkey in the oven) So I rushed home to try and make the house presentable and whipped up a couple pie crusts for some apples dad and diane had in the freezer. We had a good dinner and enjoyed a visit with the company and their two children. Then Dad, Diane, Trevor and I had a game of scrabble and later Rob and Trevor and I played Risky Business.
I made a pot of Chicken noodle soup and pot of Turkey Stew so that Trevor and I would have lunch material for the next little while - I had to take full advantage of a rare opportunity to use a real stove!!
Both my hearing aids and quit working and I had an appointment on Monday - I was very anxious, worried that they would need replacement or expensive repairs. I ended up with just a $20 repair bill, Praise the Lord!! We did a bit of shopping on the way home and then came home.
I also brought my dog back with me to save a trip home before we leave to return to Manitoba.

Trevor Finally found a job, so I guess we'll be moving back to our cozy little house again. He will be working for a New Holland dealership about 10 minutes from our house, so thats great. I'll be going back to the vet clinic, and the two hours a day of driving that comes with it, so I guess the good comes with the bad. We gave our official notice today and we'll be done on the 30th. We're planning to start work on April 9th, so that gives us a week to move and settle in :)
I guess thats pretty well all of the breaking news. We've had very busy days at work lately, I've worked about 48 hours in the last 4 days, so I'm tired!! After staying late the last three days I finally got to leave at a decent time today, but on Sunday I have 5 loads of cattle leaving at 4am and another 8 at 5am, so it could be a complicated day, and a long one!!

No comments: