Sunday, May 11, 2008

A hair cut and a new job





I remember a song that little bro Rob and I found on some oldies record or maybe on napster who knows....I don't remember who it was by but you probably recognize it : "Get a haircut and get a real job..." I guess I've followed the directions!






Monday was an extremely busy day at the clinic - it was also my last day of work in Pilot Mound. We had an emergency surgery that turned into two emergency surgeries which in didn't have a good ending and managed to keep us very busy all day! So, on Tuesday I took the afternoon off to make up for working saturday morning. I called around and got an appointment for a hair cut and then went down to Winkler to do some clothes shopping for my new job. I spent all afternoon shopping around and in the end I should have just gone to 2 places - the consignment store and Reitmans - they were the only two places that had anything useful to me! I got 2 shirts, a cardigan, a pair of shorts, a skort, two pairs of dress pants and a piece of tupperware at the consignment store for $45 (I love second hand prices!!) Then I went to Reitmans where I got 4 tops and a pair of dress pants for $95 (I love sales and Buy one get one free!!) Now, suitably outfitted for the new job I went for my new look. I had planned to donate my hair and go for a fairly short look. I didn't really know what I wanted, but with the help of the stylist I picked out a fairly versatile and fun cut. About 40 minutes and 12 + inches of hair later I had a completely new look - and I love it!
Before (the most recent pic I have is this bad one from Christmas)

After - note to self don't take pictures in the late evening when you're exhausted....

The rest of the week went by quickly - I spent most of the last week filing in different capacities....what fun! I had thursday off, and had planned to meet up with a lady who had some used clothes for sale (these were uniform clothes that I need to wear at work now - and she had quit and was my size - YAY!) So after trying on everything she had, I took home about $750 worth of clothes for $245 - the Lord is really looking out for my needs - I now have a full wardrobe and the other night I even found the right shoes online for a cheap price! On thursday afternoon after purging most of my wardrobe and sorting/organizing/exchanging winter clothes for summer ones, and doing some laundry, I went to babysit my little nephew for a few hours. He is so cute - and such a joy to be around these days as he's getting more and more interactive- he is now 8 1/2 months old and getting to be a very large kid!! We went for a walk and then I spent the rest of the afternoon entertaining him as he was somewhat fussy. Once I took his pants off however he was happy as can be(Trevor said this may be a bad sign of things to come - but I'm pretty sure he was just too warm!) - too bad that was only about 30 minutes before his mom came home - I shall try that sooner next time!






Friday was my first day of work and although they did get me right in there and had me learning lots of stuff I still felt somewhat strange not being able to busy myself too easily as I am used to always knowing what needs to be done and how to do it. All in all it was a good day and I felt pretty comfortable - I think I will fit in fairly well even though I am sorta in a different generation then everyone I will be working with. I'm looking forward to this week and learning new things!



On saturday I took a first aid/CPR course which was paid for by work - good stuff to know, and hopefully I'll never seriously have to use it. Today we went out for Mother's Day brunch at Holiday Mountain - the local ski/golf resort. The beauty of this golf course almost makes me want to learn to golf - anyone want to teach me?


I got Trev to take a better picture for me today and then we attempted a self portrait....not the greatest.

5 comments:

robin said...

Nice haircut! And so neat that you donated your hair - what a special thing to do.

robin

Anonymous said...

your hair looks great!! I want to donate mine eventually, but I'm too chicken to do the short hair thing.... i don't think it would suit me :P

Amy.E said...

Yay! Glad to hear everything is coming together so well. Did you weigh yourself before and after the haircut? It would be entertaining to see how much 12 inches of hair weighs! Hope to talk to you soon!!

nicole said...

love the haircut!

Anna-b-bonkers said...

O wow, your hair cut! I love it, you look so chic and, gosh, it is cute!
Good luck with the new job too, sounds exciting.

The clothes, girl I should shop with you, what great deals!