Today’s appointments ended up lasting a lot longer than I expected! We were at the hospital from 11:30am to 4pm! Grandma accompanied Lorelei and I and even without a nap, Lolo did very well! The first stop was for an ultrasound at fetal assessment. They spent almost an hour looking at the baby and were happy to see that he didn’t have any heart rate accelerations during the exam. He was also moving quite a bit, which is a good indication, since sometimes these babies are so sick and lethargic that they don’t move. The also showed me the placenta, and although it is low lying, they don’t consider it to be a big risk, and it has lots of time to move out of danger zone completely – so that is a relief. I got to see quite a bit of the little guy throughout the day and even got a picture finally! After the ultrasound, they sent me for an EKG and then to see a pediatric cardiologist at the variety children’s heart center. The cardiologist seemed happy to report that she didn’t see any structural defects to the heart and although she wants to keep a close eye on me and baby, she consulted with the doctors at fetal assessment and they decided to keep me on the low dose of this medication and see if they continue to see improvements. The fluid could take weeks to resolve they say, but right now its just a day at a time, with daily ultrasounds and EKGs until at least the end of the week. From there, I don’t even know what’s next! If they can get the heart rate regulated I will likely remain on this medication until the baby is born. I think those are most of the highlights of the day…I’m almost ready to leave for today’s appointment, so its time to get moving again…thanks again for all the support and prayers!
1 comment:
So is it all the way back to
Winnipeg for these ultrasounds and EKGs?
Post a Comment