Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Garage Sale fun!




The last two Thursdays I've hit up the garage sale deals in the closest "big" towns... What fun!! I thought I needed someone to go with me in order to enjoy it, but just me and Lolo have had a great time - she just thinks its "looking for bawooons" Since I have her on the lookout for balloons so I know where to turn for garage sales! The first day was glorious, sunny and warm, we wore short sleeves and I even wore my new Silver capris for the first time (thanks to big sis Becky for the awesome birthday present!!). Last week, however, was cold and windy and it even sprinkled a bit...oh well, the deals were still there to be had!

First off were some lovely additions to my kitchen...one isn't even in the picture because I already had it in the oven when I took this picture that night at supper time...On the bottom is a pampered chef stoneware baker that had never been used ($4) - there is a second one that is in the oven that is smaller and cranberry in color($2), a Springform pan to make some lovely cheese cakes with my lovely homemade cream cheese this summer($1), a nice set of stainless steel measuring spoons for 10 cents!(you can never have too many measuring spoons), and then two lovely glass pitchers($3) for storing Daisy milk in...I'm always on the lookout for glass pitchers that actually have lids - these don't exactly seal, but its better than nothing and their shape is ideal - tall and skinny to take up as little room in the fridge as possible!

This somewhat blurry picture is backed by an Alpha Omega Elite carseat ($20) that has 4 years left before expiry...perfect as an extra carseat for daddy's truck! A size 4 winter coat and snow pants (the pants look like they've never been worn!) ($2). A pair of size 4 black fleece lined splash pants (50 cents), a pair of 18 month snowpants (for a someday baby) - perfectly gender neutral in color and a great zipper, right down to the ankle on one leg($1), two pairs of winter boots - the purple ones are actually a size six which I misread for a nine, but oh well, someone will use them and they were only a dollar. The other boots are really well made and have liners in them - I think they're an 8, can't remember($3).
In the background of this picture you can see a somewhat worn foam Mickey Mouse chair which Lolo loves, two adorable dresses, three pairs of shoes (plus a pair of boots on her feet), a toy piano, a couple books, a bike helmet, a pair of jeans, half a dozen pairs of socks and a pair of ice skates that adjust from size 6 to size 9 - total price of the goods in this picture?? $28!

Even Lolo thinks that's grand! There were a couple things I didn't take pictures of, including 3 yards of 60" denim for $12!

A few days after that first garage sale blitz, I made some cheese...

Despite the gorgeous curd....the mozzarella turned out terrible...basically inedible :(
The ricotta was fine, though, and made quite nice gluten free berry cakes...which reminds me, I really need to do a post with some of my newly tried and gluten-free recipes!

The only thing I took a picture of from my garage saling last week was this plaque....the style of which doesn't match anything in my home (although, nothing really does match, so its ok...) but I loved the poem so much I just had to bring it home...even for an outrageous price of $2.50! I just love the poem and it spoke to me of the place in my life and some of what we've gone through...a good reminder of HIS Goodness! If you can't read it, click for a bigger version!


There were other bargains last week, like stickers for Lolo, farm toys (Christmas present for Lolo probably - I hid them!), more kitchen accessories, magnetic letters, a $3 B & D food processor, 2 dozen flat diapers for $5 and 2 dozen cotton nursing pads for $1.... it wasn't the most beautiful day, but it was enjoyed and I still scored some nice deals...although....they weren't quite as practical or necessary as the things I bought the week before...maybe I'll have to stay home this week!

Its much to late, so I'm off to bed....work tomorrow and things to do always! I almost finished digging up my perennial bed tonight, so I am in dire need of a shower - I'll tell my gardening tales another day!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

How did I miss this post???? I love the wall text...I think it is beautiful (visually and the poem)!