Well, Jody sent me an email last week with an introduction to her blog - as a form of communication with all the people she never has a chance to be in contact with....I decided to copy her good idea, beacause I mean to talk to all kinds of people, and I never get the chance, some of my friends don't even know where I live right now!
Ok, a year in review
Ok, a year in review
March 06 *Highlight* Andrew and Jaime's wedding in Washington
- Finished my Animal Health Technology course at Lakeland college in vermilion
-Moved into a tiny 625 sqft home in the esmall town of Pilot Mound, MB
-Started my practicum at the local vet clinic
~The house at the begining~
-Still doing my practicum - busy calving season - I got good at putting IV catheters into dying calves, sometimes saving them, sometimes not.
- Started working on cleaning my house up - it was a real mess as you can see by this picture
-Continuing with wedding plans, engagement photos, decoration ideas
~Our disastrous basement~
-I spent 2 weeks painting around the house to try and make it "mine" rather then the various shades of off-white combined with wallpaper borders.
-Finished my practicum and became an official employee of Morden Veterinary Clinic - a 75km drive one way.
-Spending lots of time out on the farm with Trevor - getting ready for the big day
~Teresa & Patrick's wedding party at Tims ~
-I spent whatever time I could cleaning up the garden/flower beds and exterior of the house
-Getting alterations on my wedding dress and plans - excitement level rising!!
-Buying a new car - selling my old friend the pickup truck
~The "tiger lily" near my front step~-Family and friends started coming on the 3rd or 4th...what a blast
-The wedding was at a gorgeous country resturaunt and all the preparations were great - and I seriously was relaxed the whole time....or at least I thought so.
-Our honeymoon took us to Brandon, then out to alberta - The calgary stampede, Frontier western store in Claresholm, Waterton lake park, writing on stone provincial park, the cypress hills, Fort Walsh, the tunnels of Moose Jaw and shopping in Regina on our way home.
~Ready for pictures to start~
-Trying to get our house in order and fit all the beautiful gifts and treasures into our tiny house
-Nightly bike rides together as a couple with my dog Sneef
-Making grape Jelly and Jam from my own grapes! 44cups of jelly in all!
~Trevor really does love the kitties!~
September 06 
-Riding in the beautiful fall weather, even though everything really dried out over the summer

-Riding in the beautiful fall weather, even though everything really dried out over the summer
-watching the crops come off and the calves growing
-spending time together as a couple
~This is Sneef on our move to Alberta - near the A&W at Davidson, SK~
-We rounded up our herd, sorted the calves on horseback and sent them to the auction
-we made the decision to move to alberta for the winter - Trevor was not enjoying his job at the small town repair shop as much as he thought he would, and the feedlot that he worked at for the last two winters offered us both jobs with higher wages then our current positions.
Janelle Splane, Me and Stephanie Splane
Janelle Splane, Me and Stephanie Splane
At the Boyle Wedding shower
-On october 21 we packed up our two vehicles til they almost burst at the seams and headed for the west. My first day of work was October 23rd - it was an interesting day...
-My dad had open heart surgery to replace his Aortic valve on November 14th - Amy was able to be there with him so I went up the next week and spent a difficult week with him during his recovery.
-Immediately after my week at home, Trevor and I headed to Manitoba for a week with his family, celebrating early christmas with them and enjoying Grandma Light's 90th birthday in Regina on the way home. We had a wonderful visit!
~Trevor and I at Ethel's 90th~
~Trevor and I at Ethel's 90th~
-Back in Alberta - the lot forman informed me they have decided to put me in the position of assistant processing manager - after only 3 weeks on the job! This did add some stress to my job at times, but also has taught me alot
December 06 *Highlight* Christmas at dad's
December 06 *Highlight* Christmas at dad's

-Work was nice - with the weather staying mild - I got to ride in my new saddle a bit!
-In the middle of the month we had a four day weekend, so we went home to my dad's place and had christmas with him and Rob and Diane.
-We worked straight through christmas a new years, I got to ride for the whole 10 days, which was really nice! There were some cold days, but other then that it was an enjoyable time
~The drive in view of the feedlot~-Work continues to go well, with challenges along the way to keep me learning and on my toes.
-We enjoyed a visit from my friend Pauline and did some touring around the drumheller area, even though most of the touristy places were closed.
-I got bucked off one of the feedlot horses sometime in the middle of the month - he's a tall, high strung horse that hasn't been ridden by anybody other then a very experienced rider for several months. My experience wasn't enough to handle this horse and he got the better of me. I wasn't hurt except for being shook up a bit and spraining my right elbow pretty good. I had it x-rayed that day for fear of dislocation since it was so painful, but they were surprised that they couldn't find any problems on the x-ray. The elbow still gives me some problems, but for the most part I'm ok. ~Me on the Job~
-It has been a busy short month, as of today I have 214 hours worked and 8.5 days off since the 28th of January. Trevor was sick last weekend and he kindly shared with me, so I took half of yesterday off and all of today, hopefully I'll be able to work tomorrow.
-Dad came down for a visit last weekend and we had supper with my cousin Trina and her family in Strathmore - her boys are growing fast! Sam is very smart and loves soccer - his brother is just a miniature of him!
-We made the decision to go back to Manitoba for sure - I talked to the vet clinic briefly and they said they'd be happy to have me back, but Trevor's still searching, and hopefully something will turn up soon. ~Trevor and I riding together~
So now that I've caught some people up on whats going on in my life, I'll be able to update on a regular basis with daily life!
So now that I've caught some people up on whats going on in my life, I'll be able to update on a regular basis with daily life!








4 comments:
Hello Beautiful Lady!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, I haven't updated in a while but I promise one is coming soon. I'm going to e-mail you soon too.... we have had way to long between chats...lol...going to bed, talk to ya later.... *hugzz*
Good job on your first post, very impressive! I liked the overview, it's a great idea.
ps: the wedding wasn't actually held IN a Tim Horton's was it? That would be so cool. I am addicted to Ice Caps.
Going with the flow I see. Nice job. And our cousin is a nut - did she get married in a Tim Horton's? I don't think so.
I love this blogging thing - I've tracked down cousins and friends and been able to get back in touch. I'm a horrible communicator, so I'm glad you do this, too. That way, we keep up.
XOXO
Post a Comment