Sunday, June 17, 2007

More Rain

Its been a nice week for the most part, but today it decided to rain again - oh well, we've been about 4 days without rain so we were starting to get "dry"


It was a week of Haircuts for me - well actually by me.... I groomed two dogs at work on Monday, then I did my own dog yesterday and Trevor last night! Sneef looks like a little girl with a fresh "bob" now that she's all cleaned up and trimmed. Her favorite place is the dugout, so it won't stay this way long I'm sure. I bathed her after I finished work on Friday afternoon and then left her at the clinic overnight to dry. On Saturday I went to the clinic and brushed her out and trimmed all the matts off of her hind end and behind her ears, since she has so much hair you can't even tell that I took some major chunks of hair off of her. I brought her home and she immediately crawled under the porch as soon as I went inside and she had mud all over her when I came out again, so I got out the scissors and trimmed up all of the long hair, she looks like she has longer legs now! I was going to take a picture of her, but I forgot - and now its raining so she is wet. Here's a pic of her the last time I brushed her out completely.


On Thursday night I had volunteered to do a special vaccination clinic in a neighbouring town with one of the vets, last week I found out that we were also having a special meeting that night at 8 - so I figured I'd still make it, since the clinic was supposed to run from 5:30-7 We ended up being there until 8:30 and then I raced to La Riviere and changed my clothes quickly before slipping into the meeting about 40 minutes late!


On Friday we had a family dinner so we could all get a chance to visit with Mr. Bristow from Australia. We had barbecued steak and smoked pork chops, potato salad, macaroni salad, marinated veggies and all the fixings with it.


On Saturday night we were going to go riding until Trevor got distracted, or distractored as I say now.... Here is the subject of his distraction. For those of you that don't know, Trevor loves vintage Allis-Chalmers crawlers, HD11's in particular. They are equivalent to a D6 cat, so they're of decent size, but they're somewhat obscure. This is the 6th of these machines that he has purchased in the last 7 or 8 years. The first one he still has part of - its his parts machine, #2 and #3 came from Texas I believe - one he still has (the yellow one in the bottom picture) and the other he fixed and sold; #4 was completely rusted out and he sold it as a parts machine; #5 he fixed and traded for 7 bred heifers two years ago. This machine, #6 came from North Carolina and hopefully it will be fixed and sold in a shorter time frame then the last few :S This purchase was somewhat of a point of contention, I have to admit, but its good for us to have some conflict in order to learn how to resolve it I guess. So this machine (which I have dubbed "pinky" will always remind me of how we learned to get through conflict....or I should say, started to learn).




Last week, before the distractor got here, we had a chance to go riding - here are some pictures - please note, fashion is my lowest priority on these rides - I have to wear something long sleeved to keep the ravenous mosquitos away from me, but it has to be lightweight to keep me from melting, so I only have the choice of two shirts....Here is a sample of the flowers blooming in my garden right now - its raining right now, or else I'd get some more pictures. These are the lupins beside my house, currently I also have peonies, irises, tiger type lilies, lily of the valley, lady's mantle, daisies (they're kind of a weed...) and there are lots more coming...

4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Still a boy with his collection of toys is he?!

familymclean said...

You are such a cute cowgirl, and your shirt actually looks kinda vintage and it actually is pretty chic, I have seen similar in fashion mags!

Heather said...

Sometimes I wish the size of the toy didn't grow with the size of the boy, but oh well I guess thats the way things go.

Hehe, thanks for the comment on the shirt Anna, I like some of the vintage stuff, but that one is a little....I dunno, tacky looking I think...but hey, I don't have to look at me, so if anyone else likes it, who cares!

Thanks for the comments gals it makes my blog feel more worthwhile!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! Just letting you know I'm reading! Love catching up with you through your blog.
-Amy