Friday, August 10, 2007

Introducing the newest member of the family

No - Don't worry, Jaime didn't deliver early - and this member of the family is not human.




Meet the one and only Cooter. One of the hazards of working at a vet clinic which also serves as the pound... I get to see these cute little dogs and cats who nobody loves anymore. Some...like Cooter, just need a home and they're much too cute to euthanize. So...somewhat to Trevor's chagrin, we're the new care takers of a 7-8 week old kitten. So far we think he's male...and I hope he stays that way, since Cooter would be a funny name for a girl. Its kind of hard to tell on a kitten, when you don't have another one to compare it to, which gender it really is...


Other then the kitty - the latest news is the return home from Regina Conference. It was a nice weekend, we stayed in dorms with Evan and Katie and Jakob, and Darren, Melinda, Carson and Connor. I enjoyed the meetings, although I had some trouble hearing during certain meetings - it makes me appreciate the effort that some make to be heard! I also can sympathize with the older brothers and sisters who strain to hear - hearing aids are great, but they don't always do the trick completely. We enjoyed several visits with different people that we don't see often, including my cousin Holly and her husband Josh and on Monday night I stayed with Harriet and Dave. It was nice to catch up with old friends! Staying out at the farm always has its exciting moments, like chasing cows, fixing fence, etc. When I was packing, something told me to take some farm clothes -- and I'm glad I did! Trevor, Alex and Julie came home on Monday afternoon, while I stayed an extra night (I had Tuesday off since I worked Saturday morning) and came home with Velma. I spent a few hours with my friend Lynnsey on Monday - it was a nice time of chatting and catching up and of hopefully mutual encouragement.


I think I am my own worst enemy sometimes - while I can't even seem to keep up with daily housework sometimes, I keep starting new projects. I picked up several different materials to make baby blankets with last weekend and also started on another infant sweater set. This time I have started a couple months ahead of when the baby will be born! I love working with my hands - crochet, sewing, scrap booking, etc. But I just don't have time anymore!!


Last night, Trevor and I went riding. I was kind of in a bad mood...my fellow females will understand... Anyways, my horse wouldn't come in to be caught, so I ended up riding Apache. He was Trevor's horse, but he sold him to his dad, he had only been ridden twice so far this year - once when he fell on Alex and once when Melinda came for a ride with us. I can't stand his ground manners - he completely lacks respect, and I'm not sure how to earn it from him! Once I'm riding him, he's OK, except he turns like a fully loaded super-B, and after riding Guthrie most of the time, who turns well and watches/cuts cattle pretty well, it was a frustrating ride. He likes to move though, and I didn't have to pedal to keep him moving at least!


We had the first fresh produce out of the garden last week, and I'm sure there's much more that needs attention right now, so hopefully tomorrow I can get on that. I guess its time for bed, Trevor said he was going to bed an hour ago - but instead he played his guitar and sang to keep me entertained while I wrote this. I'm going to post a few pictures of Carson and Connor from the weekend.

6 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Oh I wish I could have been to Regina for the conference! I am glad you got to go!

Becky said...

"turns like a fully loaded super-B"
...brilliant word picture. Couldn't imagine describing it any other way!

Amy.E said...

Hey - post some pictures from Regina. I miss all the folks.

I hope your kitten stays male too. It might create a little gender confusion to switch over now :)

Heather said...

Hey Ames i would post pictures from regina...but the ones of carson and conner are all that I took...sorry!

Anonymous said...

It was great to have you at conference! SMC

Lynnsey said...

It was great and very encouraging to talk with you. We will have to make it a more regular occurance!!lol