Thursday, October 25, 2007

SLOOOOOW

Well, I guess this will be a short update, since it has taken me over half an hour just to get to this page from the time I sat down at the computer....I miss my high speed already!!!

As you may have assumed, we have moved out of our house, we are currently living with my in-laws for an undetermined amount of the future.... It has been a stressful couple of weeks since I last posted, finding out that the current tenants of our future house would not be out by the end of October like the said they would be was the first in a string of events that has caused me a lot of frustration and uneeded anger. I have had a needlessly short temper and just have not been myself the last couple of weeks. All this turmoil has played havoc on my emotions - I haven't struggled like this for over 5 years! I know that God has all things under control but I haven't been trusting him as much as I should have been. I'm working on this now - like usual, after I'm already down in the dumps I realize what I need to do different rather then just doing the right things all the time.
I was busy at work and with other commitments and didn't get any packing done until late last week. It started with a 17 hour day at work two saturday's ago, coupled with a dog to train 2-3 nights a week for 3 weeks and weekly bible study, etc... So, we ended up doing most of the packing on Saturday and we had help to move the piano, furniture and all the boxes we had packed up to that point on Sunday afternoon. I was thankful for Trevor's help in the packing as he was probably much more efficient then I was - we both felt like we were getting a cold, and I being short tempered and exhausted was not doing much to help the situation. We both had Monday and Tuesday off so by getting the bulk of the move over with on Sunday, we were able to concentrate on finishing up the packing on monday and cleaning on tuesday - last night trevor went for the last load of misc stuff and we called it DONE. I've never been more glad to be done with something....except we're not really done - since we can't get into the house, all of our belongings with exception of the piano (which is in the living room of our future house) and the things we need every day; are in the garage of the future house... We packed up our necessities and our animals (Cootie the kitten and Sneef the dog) and moved out to my in-laws for the time being. This hasn't been the end of my stress as we're all fighting off a bad cold bug. I have had some trouble sleeping since we got here, but last night I was able to sleep well for once. I hope that continues since I am very tired and I need to get some sleep to help me get back into a proper frame of mind. Also on that note, I'm trying to get back onto my healthy eating thing that I was on during the summer (although you couldn't tell by looking at me that I had changed anything :( and I'm trying to get up the courage to get a gym membership to get more exercise, as that always helps me sleep and clears my head a bit - not to mention my figure needs it.
All in all, I guess its all working together for good - as God promised it would. Why can I not believe that better? It would save me and the people around me a lot of frustration if I could!

I guess I could sum this up by saying there's been too much goin on in my life lately to bother sitting down to blog - and I'm not sure how often I'll be blogging from now on thanks to slow speed internet!

3 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Awww, I wish I was local so that I could have helped you pack, I love packing! I'm a nut I guess. It's the moving part of it that I really dislike!

Hope your feeling better, I have a horrible cold right now! Uugh.

familymclean said...

So totally know how you feel when you get down and get frustrated, the Lord does have His hand over us and will work things out....sheesh, I am the one who needs a kick in the pants though, I should take my own advice!

Amy.E said...

Dang-it, I wish I could have helped you too! I understand your frustration and how quickly it can turn into anger...seems like we are very quick to notice when it seems like things are happening TO us and not so quick to notice when things are happening FOR us (at least that's my experience). Take a chance to relax if possible, please, dear girl, and spend a day doing nothing but reading a book. It will help prevent you turning into a shrew. Miss you! Love you! Want to come here for Christmas?