

In other news this weekend, Julie and I both worked yesterday - exporting cattle up north, so it was about a 17 hour day! I'm really tired, but I'm not sure if I'll take tomorrow off or not. Our moving plans - or lack thereof have been foiled - as the current tenants - despite telling us a month ago that they'd be out by the end of October have now told us they won't be and don't know when they'll be out. We have to be out by the 27th, and already have appliances coming for the 20th...so we will have to pack everything up and store it in the garage and live at my in-laws for an undetermined amount of time - it makes me somewhat frusterated and upset because its hard enough to move when you both work full time, but now I'm going to have to move twice, which means twice the time off work... argggh - I wish we could just make some plans and stick to them for once!!
We had our thanksgiving dinner today - since Julie just came home on Tuesday and we wanted to include her in it! It was nice - and we really do have alot to be thankful for - family, friends, food, shelter, the list is endless really! I know I shouldn't be grouchy about such a simple setback, since its not like we'll be out on the street - I must be thankful for the things we DO have! I have a picture of Carson and Conner when they were over for dinner today- cuddling with Wyatt!

On Tuesday, Trevor and I took the day off and with Evan and Andrew's help we collected and sorted the cows, had them preg checked and put RFID tags in all of the animals in preparation for shipping them on the 20th. We only had one open cow out of 21 so that was a blessing!

On Friday night we went to a concert - Comhaltas was in town on a North America tour - they were great musicians! I could have enjoyed the concert with out the male singer's songs, and it would have been better if I could have been able to hear the MC's jokes and introductions!! It was a nice concert though!
On holiday monday - thanksgiving day, Velma and I finished processing apples into fruit leather and applesauce and did some other work in the kitchen all day! On saturday of the long weekend I worked in the morning and then Trevor and I went to Winkler and ended up buying all new appliances from Sears. We went with all Kenmore appliances, and we got a really good sale price on almost every appliance. We kind of splurged on the stove - its a smooth top/self clean with two expandable burners and a warming plate. We got a front load washer and dryer - the smaller model - 3.1 CFt but I am looking forward to the high efficiency side of it! We got a basic 18CuFt fridge and a middle of the line dishwasher - that is the appliance I am most looking forward to I think!!
Last weekend we moved the cows - here are some pictures --




Other then that, life keeps plugging away :)
3 comments:
I think that "Pinky" should be renamed The Marriage Builder! Congrats on the mechanical success!
Good luck with moving...I feel your frustration over the double moves...but it will be worth it! Hope things speed up and that you are soon in your own new digs enjoying your new appliances!
I am excited that you got all new appliances. You will be happy with Kenmore. That is what I have. :)
OK, it's time to blog again!
Post a Comment