Well, I guess its about time I blogged about the events of the past week, as they are quite important to our future.
Last Sunday morning on our way to meeting I realized there was a note under our windshield wiper. We stopped and I pulled it off, it was notepaper from our realestate agent - it said "I need to show the house Monday morning". Now, why he didn't call us, I'm really not sure, but such is life. After we got home from meeting, the real estate agent stopped by and asked if he could show the house in the late afternoon so that the interested party could get back to the city that night. We agreed, and I started lunch on the stove and got busy cleaning - the house wasn't too messy, but since these people were very interested I wanted it to look extra nice. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door - it was the interested party - they wanted to know if they could see the house later in the afternoon (the real estate agent hadn't talked to them yet) They also said they wanted to see it earlier then we had arranged with the real estate agent - so we called him and set it up for 3:30. a few minutes later the phone rang. One of our friends wanted to come visit and see his cows etc. So we invited them for supper and over the course of a couple phone calls, I agreed to make roast beef dinner and meet them at my sister-in-law's so we could all have supper together. So - with Trevor's help I got supper in the oven, lunch finished on the stove and the house all vaccumed and dusted, etc. and cleared the cobwebs from the basement. They came to see the house at the appointed time, and by 4:30 the real estate agent was back with an offer for our full listing price, even the possesion date was good for us, so we signed - SOLD!
I was very excited that we had finally sold, as it is just another piece of the puzzle coming together for us to move out of town and establish a place of our own. The place that we are renting will be available in the later part of october sometime, and we have to be out by the 27th. Hopefully we can just pull up with the horse trailer, load everything in and make one big trip. We sold the appliances with the house, so now we're looking at buying new or newer appliaces for our new house. If anyone has suggestions of good appliances or ones to stay away from - please comment, this is going to be a fairly large purchase so I'd like to do my homework. We also are going to need some living room furniture, etc - but some things I will be able to get from dad's excess furniture eventually....hopefully. I'm pretty excited about having more room, but I'm going to miss my well laid out kitchen and all its cupboards...although the house is bigger, the kitchen storage is lacking majorly! The bedrooms are small, but it will be alright I think :) The other thing I just realized is that this house only has bathrooms in the basement and the upstairs - none on the main floor - bummer. I guess we can't be picky right now though.
The rest of this week was fairly quiet, we actually spent quite a bit of time at home together which was nice. It was a busy week at work, which wore me out and caused me to be somewhat emotional, but I guess that is part of being a woman! Sometimes it frusterates me though! Last night we went out to the house we are going to rent to take some measurements and look over some things. The current tenants also gave us a few pointers on things to beware of - like insulating the pump house so it doesn't freeze in the winter, not to drink the water (the well is in the barnyard under the barn pretty well, so you can imagine why the water is not drinkable....) etc etc. Its a place with lots of potential, but it also needs lots of work and work=money.... :S I think we'll be looking for another place to buy...but I guess time will tell.
This week our local fabric store was having a huge clearance - so I spent my whole lunch hour in there on friday and bought lots of flannel and fleece and denim - for baby stuff, pajama pants, vests and other stuff. I also got about 15 or 20 patterns - at 80% off...so I've got lots of projects now :D I'm pretty excited!
Today we slept in, I made and omelete for breakfast, and then we did a little bit of running around in town before going out to the farm. I visited with velma for a bit, ate some lunch and then headed for Jaime and Liam's baby shower. It was a nice afternoon of visiting. I had made a bunting bag type thing for Liam's carseat. It is denim on the outside and has John Deere flannel on the inside. I hope it works out for them. I forgot to take a picture of it, so I'll have to take a picture when she uses it someday. Tonight we ate supper with velma and then came home- but on the way home Trevor got a service call, so he had to be gone for about an hour or so. I guess I'll update again when something exciting happens :)
4 comments:
Congratulations on the selling of your house. Very cool!
Awesome stuff! Can't wait to see pictures of the new place - it sounds like it has a lot of character!
Aww, thank you for the comment Cowgirl. I totally feel the same about you, funny how the net brings people together, may not be on a really personal level, but it is sure better than not at all!
Congrats on your house selling, hope the move goes well. I meant to comment a long time ago, but it seems that when I am reading blogs is when I am being climbed all over and, well...that is my excuse. I sure admire your drive, you get so many fun projects done, and your cooking sounds delicious!
Hey - you blog even more infrequently than I do!
Post a Comment