This post is a random post of mostly pictures - as I am able to use a high speed internet connection at the moment and I just want to get all the pictures up while its convenient!

This is our pasture at sunset - looking west towards the big slough - there are tons of birds out there, ducks, geese, all kinds of shore birds, black birds - redwinged, tri-colored and ones I don't even know the name of. I would really like to get some binoculars in order to see them better so I can identify them - either that or a camera with good zoom would do the trick too!

Another pasture shot - you can see the junk that is out there too - no cows yet in this picture. We did get 20 650lb grass calves on June 2, and we also have 5 pairs and 3 dry cows on the pasture and all three of our horses on the barnyard.

Here is a dusk picture of the loose housing, the well shack(the thing with bales around it right by the barn - yes the well is pretty much in the middle of the barnyard - no explanation needed on why we drink water from the in-laws place right?) and the large and unfortunately decomposing barn.

Another dusk photo - poor quality I know, forgive my cheap camera! I kinda like the effect of the close up twigs across the far away sunset though - on the right is part of the poor excuse for a corral.

Trevor is getting really intimate with Pinky - right in the guts of the machine....well of the undercarriage at least - doing cosmetic surgery.

Here is the yard in the daylight - this picture was taken almost a month ago - so the yard is much greener now. This pic shows you to of our more important outdoor possesions - the trailer and the round pen :)

This is Trevor's favorite part of the yard, the shop and Pinky ;)

The way out - notice the little slough across the driveway from the house....perfect salamander and mosquito breeding grounds - and it seems a least one skunk - possibly a whole family has made their home just on the margin of this waterhole too - thankfully Sneef hasn't found them yet, but even Trevors attempt to burn them out of hiding didn't do much good yet. The family of foxes living in the culvert at the end of the lane is much more welcome then the black and white family though!

Here is the horrible looking freshly mowed front lawn - our ancient $500 riding mower does a good job of cutting but only at either a very crooked angle or a very short and almost even level. Also note the almost straight purple martin house - it should have a no vacancy sign on it - there are at least a few purple martin pairs and some sparrows too - then tehre are several other birds that I can't identify.

Here is the back of the house, you can't really see it, but there is a clothesline across the backyard and that is my rain barrel there for watering my 33 tomato plants that are now planted in containers all over my back deck and all around the back and front yard. I also planted some carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, herbs and peppers in containers and some peas and morning glories in one of the flowerbeds. I also put some seeds for night scented stocks in the middle of a bare flower bed and some squash seeds in some loose soil by the house - I guess we'll see if they grow or not.

More Pinky fixing.

The 350 being squeezed through at times a very narrow trail to push in a few new posts on the fenceline.

I really like this picture of the barnyard from the backside - it really is kind of a has been barnyard, but it looks neat.

Sneef following Trevor on the 350 through the pasture.

The front of the house - yes the two males had interesting taste in colors - the outside choices were orange and blue/violet - but they only got about half of the trim painted blue the rest is the original brown color - it looks rather bad...
5 comments:
It all looks great! Thanks for sharing the pictures. It is a farmyard with space places to roam. Who cares about the color of the house! Next, pictures of the cows please.
:)
What a cute house! It almost reminds me of the peach house over in SK. Sounds like you keep very busy.
Hi Heather,
WOW ! Long time since I've looked, thanks for posting pics, and I think your hairdo is great. Where are you working now ? Have fun gardening !
:-) Carolyn
Hey girl, great to see pics of your place, I FINALLY updated my blog, I promise I will update it a little more often, lol, love ya!!!
thanks for the pix of your place.... we've gotta get there one of these days!!!
ke
Post a Comment