Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The quilt reveal

I've been planning this post for a long time and infact the pictures have been uploaded for almost a month - but I didn't want to publish it until Amy actually had the quilt in her hands - so now, after some procrastination - here is the final quilt. I took pictures of each square individually in an attempt to have a photo archive of the hand quilting that I did - but they are not the best quality photos, since I was just using my old camera - 3MP and no zoom...oh well - you can kind of see the detail!
Each square featured an oak leaf in the small corner piece, a letter of the alphabet and a curly-Q type thing in each rectangular piece and a main motif in the big piece. This is the first block in the top left corner of the quilt - featuring A, B, C
This is the second block - featuring D and E and a dog.
E, F and a horse head.
H, I and a horse shoe.
J, K and a kitty.
L, M and a lamb.
N, O and a chicken.
P, Q and a piggy.
R, S and a barn with a silo.

T, U and a tractor.
V, W and a cow.

X, Y and Z!





4 comments:

robin said...

I LOVE that quilt! Love the colors and theme. You are a woman of many talents. :o)

Becky said...

Nice job!

The Chatty Housewife said...

That is so cool! I can't believe you put so much work into it. I am amazed!

Amy.E said...

It truly is a beauty, my friends! And it goes nicely with the hand-made cradle, also by Heather! It is so true that her talents abound!!