Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Long Time Gone.....But, Not Forgotten...

You know its been a long time since you wrote on your blog when you have to go back and see when and what you last wrote about....man, almost 3 months since my last post!! I can't believe it, but its been a really busy three months! We moved into our new place on the 27th of September (I had to look that up on the calendar too - time really flies - I can't believe we've been here two months now!!) We spent the first few weeks in a flurry of activity - with winter being just around the corner there was much to do inside and out. The last owners had left us a corral and barn full of a few years worth of manure, so that was high on Trevor's list of things to get taken care of before freeze up, along with some dirt work in the yard (changing the slope and filling in a low spot), a bigger garage door on his shop (so Pinky would fit in) and generally getting all of our stuff settled in and ready for winter - moving the horses, getting the dog house set up, moving hay, etc etc. Inside, I was busy too - unpacking, trying to find a place for things, scheming about renovations, etc - not to mention work for both of us and our normal commitments.
Dad and Diane came to visit for a few days in October and helped immensely with the one major renovation project that we wanted to do - a bathroom upstairs. Dad ran the plumbing from the basement up to the bathroom including finding the proper route and cutting holes in the floor/ceiling all the way to the top of the house and the vent stack on the roof. He did the major part of the work and we've been very slow getting the rest done. We finished the plumbing except for connecting to the drain downstairs - which we will do once all the fixtures are in place. We did a little wiring, put up the drywall and plastered, currently the plaster is waiting for a final sanding. The primer is sitting patiently on the stairs and the paint is resting in the bedroom. The sink and toilet are counting their blessed days of rest and the linoleum is hiding in a roll beside the bedroom door....now we just need the time to put it all together!
Besides renovations, we spent a good part of two saturdays in Prenatal classes - which were good for both of us - a chance to learn and discuss things is always good. Baby and I are doing well. The little one kicks and I smile...most of the time, now and then it gets a little uncomfortable and for the last few days something has been pushing on my sciatic nerve which is very uncomfortable, hopefully my chiropractor appointment will help tomorrow!
We had a nice weekend relaxing together, Trevor and I that is, as my work christmas party was in Brandon last night. The company pays for hotel rooms for all of the out of towners, so we took full advantage of the mini vacation - who knows when that my happen again. We slept in on Saturday, and got to Brandon just after lunch and did some shopping. I was hoping to get lots of Christmas shopping done, but not too much got done yesterday afternoon - I actually spent way more money on myself...unfortunately...being pregnant has been very frusterating for me in the clothes department - it was ok to begin with, some friends loaned me lots of stuff, but they're both shorter then me and not nearly as busty as I was even before I got pregnant - now that I've added almost 3 cup sizes to that, nothing goes around me - and even most maternity shirts look crazy because the empire waistline cuts across in the middle of the bust instead of below. I bit the bullet and went to Stages - a very nice little independent maternity/nursing/kids clothing shop in downtown Brandon. I've never spent money on clothes like this before....ack, almost $200.... I got a dress ( I desperately needed something to wear to the christmas party and any other occasion I go to between now and valentines day), and one nice top - which actually I am not that terribly crazy about, but everyone else says it looks good and it actualy fits, so I'm happy! I also got one bra and ordered a bra/nursing tank top - after much frusteration with bras I'm so glad to have one that actually fits - even if I have to face the depressing truth that its the largest size that company even makes!! The tank top is the most amazing piece of clothing I've ever put on - it actualy had support and looked pretty good, not to mention being my size and made for nursing - its going to get used a ton underneath lots of other things I think!! Too bad I had to pay $60 for it....I almost choked when I saw the price....but I think it will be totally worth it, and plus, since its white I can claim it for work I think! Anyways...a quick web search shows my bust size is bigger then many famous celeberties - including dolly parton....that is somewhat alarming....or depressing depending on what mood I'm in... Anyways I think its getting to be too late for me to write any more without risking some crazy rant so I shall head for bed...I'll be back sooner then three months this time I hope, and with pictures!

4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Hey, you moved into your new house on my birthday!

Thanks for the update, what a lot of news for one post. I missed your posts so it is good to hear from you.

Please post photos! We want to see more house and some pregnancy photos!

Jaime said...

I'd given up on checking your blog, but saw on facebook that you updated! Yippee!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You're back!! Sounds like you guys are keeping busy! Take care
~bethany

Amy.E said...

You are certainly keeping busty...er, busy! Glad baby and mom are well. Miss you!