Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pictures

This post is somewhat in reverse chronological order so to get things straight, go to the bottom and scroll up....sorry I'm too lazy to move ALL the pictures!



If we had a crane and a few hundred lights, this could be one enormous and beautiful christmas tree - but we'll just leave it to its natural snow covered beauty.

The front yard, a little more currently - taken Dec. 20th, Temp about -27C with windchill -37C or so...snow falling and north-west wind blowing....ahh, Christmas in Manitoba!

Another view...from the doorway.

The North wall of the bedroom - the accent wall I guess you'd call it, it all actually turned out quite well, its the nicest master bedroom we've ever had, what with the ensuite and lighted walk in closet its almost like a luxury house!! :D

I even have a mirror and lots of light!! Yay - its finished. We still have to build/find a cupboard to put beside the sink and cover up the pipes, but I am just happy that it all works!


Some shelving installed, and holders for towels, TP, etc installed.

The bedroom, complete, painted and moved in!! Hurray! Don't mind the spots on the camera lense...I don't know what happened really...

Cootie - the cute and mysterious and often crazy house cat.

Er, one pipe short of being fully installed that is!
The bathroom - primed, painted, flooring down, trim down, fixtures installed, yay!

Yes, I do have a baby belly, though it is somewhat easily disguised...thanks (or no thanks) to the ample bosom...I have choose to make it show for pictures :P


"Oh No, I've lost sight of my fellow herdmates, I must rush around like an idiot and make a lot of noise until I locate them...." The hardship of being more then 100yards from another horse...

Good to see them out stretching their legs...there goes Guthrie, with Riata close behind...as the sun is setting...


I really do hate this horse...Apache...but he's almost graceful when he gets into a lope....almost...as close as a gangly, long necked thoroughbred can be...its a good thing he's pretty quiet, or his other qualities...like being a major jerk to the other horses would have made him a goner long ago.

Then they decided to kick up their heels a bit.


Munch, Munch, mmmm frozen grass...

Sneef and Trevor looking out over the ravine.

After hunting season we let the horses out into the pasture rather then keeping them in the corral - of course the first thing they did was clean up any grass that was still sticking out of the snow...This is Riata.

Notice who's working and guess who is snapping pictures, can you guess who wanted this bathroom more badly!

Self taught plastering....nobody look to close when you come to visit!

Work in progress, drywall on in the bathroom, but no plaster yet...


The bedroom during construction in the bathroom....disaster area!

Not the prettiest site on a dull fall day, this is the barnyard with the few years of manure build up that was left behind, now nicely piled thanks to Pinky... notice the row of horse feed along the fence, within forking distance, but hopefully beyond reaching for the long necked thoroughbred...

Looking from the north side of the house to the east towards the garage. Off the the left you can see the edge of the flower garden that is between the house and the vegetable garden (which is further north)


The north/west side of the house...not the prettiest angle...


Looking southwest from the north side of the house, the little white building is kind of a chicken coop and then there is the barn beyond.

Looking south towards the loose housing shed/barnyard from the sidewalk up to the front door.

The front of the house, before the snow fell.


This is the living room with our new-to-us livingroom set and a view of the yard through the window.


This is just a random picture of the house - I figured I'd put up some pictures of what it looks like with our stuff in it... This is the bathroom, looking through the laundry room from the kitchen door.


Trevor with his favorite big toy - changing the drainage paths on the yard before the ground froze. We're still trying to sell this piece of iron...if anyone wants to push some trees/dirt/snow, etc, I'll cut you a deal! She's completely rebuilt and ready to go!

OK, so to begin with, this is sort of a before picture of the area that we turned into an ensuite half bath in our new house - except when this picture was taken we'd already stripped up the flooring and dad had done his part of the magic. This is what the bathroom looked like when dad left...plumbing roughed in...Mid October

4 comments:

Amy.E said...

Great work! The bedroom and bath look great! I'm really excited to visit you guys and Baby Scharf...but I'm really hoping it's a lot warmer when we're there!!

The Chatty Housewife said...

The snow is so beautiful, we have a bunch here too, but not that much. :) Your baby bump is cute! I am so excited for you, it is so nice to be in your own house and have a little one on the way.

Becky said...

Nice job on the bathroom Heather! We are getting plenty of snow, but thankfully not the cold. Thank you for the Christmas gift by the way. I especially like the napkins, as my old ones have shrunk into funky shapes that are impossible to iron.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It's nice to get an idea of where you guys are exactly. I love your farmyard and all your out buildings... it'll be fun to fill them up, which I'm sure you will with time...sheep, chickens, goats!?!
~bethany