Its been a long time since I posted - and while I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, a lot has happened in the last few months!
The blessing of our daughter came into our life on the 19th of February at 12:40AM she weighed 8lbs 8ozs and it was a fairly easy and quick labour. I was induced, but everything went pretty well - I ended up taking an epidural because my blood pressure was going up too high with the pain. It was an amazing experience, but nothing prepared me for the changes in my life over the following few weeks. It really has been a difficult couple of months and we have had lots of growing and changing to do to keep up with the challenges.
It is very tempting to just put on a strong face and tell everyone that I'm doing wonderful and everything is great every day, but if I'm being truely honest I have definitely had some major struggles and am very thankful for the help that family and friends have extended to me. I have been learning many things about myself, about life and mostly about the Lord and His true care for me. The Lord is true to His word - "These things I have spoken unto you that in me ye might have a peace. In the wolrd ye SHALL have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33
The Lord created us and gave us free will to make the decisions that we want to make- but He also provided us with a way of salvation because of His great Love by sending us His Son to die as a sacrifice for our sins. Even though we may take the free gift of salvation that He has provided for us - He still promises that we will have trouble - this is because of the evil that is in the world and the sin that is in each of us. Even though we have been saved from the eternal consequences of sin, we still must deal with it in our day to day lives because we are not yet perfected, but merely sinners who have been saved by grace. We look forward to the day when we will be perfected and will spend eternity with and like our Lord, but on this earth we must still face day to day life. We have a major advantage over those who have rejected or not yet accepted the truth of the Lord - we have His power in our lives to overcome the hardships day to day, we have the hope of His promises for eternal life and blessing and we have His presence and covering power available to us every day- "God is our refuce and strength, a very present help in trouble" Psalm 46:1
Even though I know the truth and the promises and wonderful Love that the Lord has for me - the sinner within me is easily distracted by the cares of this world, and I have to admit that I have definitely been dealing with the effects of this more since the birth of my daughter - it has made me more aware of the trouble that is present in this world, and unfortunately I have allowed myself to dwell too much on those things sometimes instead of looking at the hope the Lord has provided me. I am very thankful for His Word - I have often neglected the reading of my bible daily, but this is something that has been a very big encouragement to me in the last while.
I know that there is a reason for each thing that we go through, but it is hard to see that when we are going through the trouble - but I trust that the Lord will use this in my life, maybe it is my chance to be an encouragement to others who are going through this same difficulty someday or maybe it is just to teach me how to be a stronger person and encourage me to grow closer to the Lord.
I'm not saying that I've figured everything out and I'm on easy street now, but I feel like I have come a long way towards a better understanding and greater confidence in the Hope that He has given.
"The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life: of whome shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart will not fear, though war should rise against me, in this will I have confidence." Psalm 27:1-3
I am so thankful for the all-powerful and all-loving God who is my creator and my strength each day - I don't know how I could continue each day without Him.
I ask that you pray for me if you will and want you to know that I pray for as many of you as I know and remember each day - another privilege that we have - to support each other not only physically but also in prayer.
Lorelei Virginia - April 9, 2009
6 comments:
I have similar struggles. Beautiful post!
I'm sure most can relate to getting caught up in the cares of this world, those are good verses you chose to share. You are in our prayers! Have I ever mentioned Lorelei is adorable?
What a sweetie! I'm so glad that you got to visit and I enjoyed our chats!
Good to talk to you yesterday! I love you and am glad you are sharing about your growing experiences. I miss that sweet little Lolo! Beautiful girl!
Well said... thanks for sharing.
Your baby girl is beautiful! That was a great post, I enjoyed reading it and identifying with your honesty and struggles. Thanks for sharing! The Lord doesn't keep us from difficulties and discouragement but gives us His word and His grace to help us thru these times so that we may grow and profit from them.
Post a Comment