Sunday, March 30, 2008

Projects


Many things are occupying my time lately - including some projects so I'm going to make this a very picture-y post!
This is the clamping that I did in order to build the laminated top for the dishwasher cupboard - the wood is all Aspen (Poplar) that my dad cut from his forest at home and milled on his little sawmill and then planed and brought to me in December. The project is nearly complete now, needing only final assembly and a coat of finish - I'll post further pictures when it is finished.Oops, I forgot to rotate that picture - but Cootie is going to be very sad when I finish the cabinet - since she had taken to sleeping on top of the dishwasher on the soft insulation.
Last week we had a potluck with a whole bunch of people here to visit with Alex as he was home on spring break - this is my version of Anna's chicken with seasoned cream cheese smeared over it and under the skin....mmmm - I forgot to take any pictures of the people or the enormous table of food though!

Yesterday I did some baking and cooking - this picture from left to right - Chicken noodle soup (from the carcasses of the above chickens :), Oatmeal Pan Bread - rising, and the second half of the Cinnamon Bun dough waiting to be rolled out.
And in the oven - two loaves of whole wheat/4 grain bread. I can only make two loaves at a time since I only have two loaf pans....I think I need to fix that!!
Cinnamon Bun dough rolled out and the sticky bottom concoction prepared in the pan - no such thing as calories in these babies - only whipping cream, butter, sugar and corn syrup!Another delectable dessert - peanut butter pie - we had this at Andrew and Jaime's for dessert today - yummy but really rich!Last night's dinner, chicken noodle soup, oatmeal pan bread (with a herb/Parmesan topping), pickled beans and yum-yum sweet/sour pickles.

Here is the quilt that I debated about whether or not I should show.....its in progress....need to decide on how to quilt it now.This was the last quilt I did - for Grace's little boy - I was trying to decide on a backing - I chose the blue plaid with bears on it (in the middle)

More of my fabric stash - I've got tons of ideas, I just need the time now!!

Working on some crazy cute baby clothes for little Hope
My little friend Cootie - she loves to watch whatever I'm doing -especially if it means she can look out a window at the same time!
This is "Piggy" another picture which I forgot to rotate - but this is him sniffing at me when we were out doing chores the other day.

All the pretty little horses - looking all fat and sassy in their winter coats - waiting for a new bale to be tossed down the hill for them. Left to right - Guthrie, Riata, Apache and Black Jack.

That's all for now!

3 comments:

Amy.E said...

I looooooooove those colors on the quilt!! Beautiful!

Will you please share your recipe for oatmeal pan bread? Looks just right to serve with soups and stews!

Erlandson Family said...

dear, dear heather.. thanks for the blogging... sad to say i haven't read in a while otherwise i surely would have commented sooner.. being hope's mommy i can most certainly vouche for your sewing abilities and generosity! thanks for the cute, cozy pink outfit for her! :) we really need to get together again soon... till next time..
ke

The Chatty Housewife said...

I love that blanket for Amy! I love the colors and the blocking, it is so cute.